Jon Ericson recently posted a Meta discussion about how boost the amount of questions on the site, and promote activity in topics that may otherwise receive only a small amount of attention. I've seen it utilized1 on other2 sites3 and it seems4 to do fairly well. Here's how it works:
- If you have an idea for a topic, add it as an answer below. Please use one topic per answer.
- Next week, I or a volunteer (henceforth known as "the organizer") selects one of the topics (highest voted) and writes up a new meta post introducing the challenge for the week. The topic will be associated with a specific tag or tag set so that we can count how many questions were asked.
- Anyone who wants to participate simply has to asks about the topic of the week and tag it with the appropriate tag.
- At the end of the challenge, the organizer posts an answer to the challenge with a count of how many questions were asked and anything else they feel like highlighting.
- The organizer picks a new topic and starts back on the second bullet.
Note: It's fine to ask a question you know the answer to, and posting your own question/answer is good.
You can add topics to this list at any time, and if(when) we run out, this challenge series ends.